PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 28th May 2019, 21:08
glenb

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts
Im alive

Good Morning folks, I have had a quick run through the "death notices" this morning, and can confirm that I am alive and kicking, but I do very much appreciate the concern. I was in a very dark place in the run up to Christmas, but am now invigorated, and fully intend to pursue this through to a determination. Sandy, your words are so accurate, and so insightful, that I drew a lot of strength from them.

I will begin to document this matter, but by way of a brief introduction. The undeniable fact is that I spent many years working closely with CASA in the design of APTA. My business is Melbourne Flight Training, and that is where I have previously derived my income. APTA was designed to facilitate continuing operations of my own business, and others in the new more cumbersome environment that we operate in. I sat down with CASA as we attended to more than 600 CASA requirements. In fact APTA was one of the 5% of Organisations that met the initial deadline of September 1st 2017, and we were significantly impacted by the CASA delay. Irrespective, we continued on. We were CASA approved and had been operating for 15 years, and almost two years as a fully transitioned Part 142 Organisation. I was fully approved, and then in October 2018, I received a notice that CASA intended to bring a cessation to all operations, and that's where the story begins. There was no prior indication at all. That opened up a pandoras box of problems. Soon I will start outlining some of these on here.

I must emphasise that there are no allegations of any safety concerns, in fact CASA have agreed that APTA increases safety, so one would wonder my Mr Graeme Crawford in his role would work so diligently to bring APTA down. This individual may be a ripper bloke outside of the work environment, and probably gets himself involved in the local community, and contributes widely. I can only talk of my own personal experience with him, but in my opinion his manner is bullying and intimidating in nature and only degrades safety outcomes.

Whilst, it is only my perspective, and he is entitled to Procedural Fairness, I have launched a substantive complaint against him I feel that he has compromised safety, acted in breach of his obligations under the PGPA Act, and breached CASAs own Regulatory philosophy.

I have no doubt that at some stage this morning, I will receive a letter from CASA threatening action against me, but frankly, its time for me to protect APTAs reputation, and the many professionals that have workred in so diligently and in such a well intentioned manner. Let me return shortly with only one example of my CASA experience. Everything is fact, and I will provide evidence. As it is related to aviation safety, it is in the public interest.
Once again folk, thankyou for the support.