PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2019, 15:36
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45
I'm quite surprised by it especially as it would come to at least a 2 aircraft base and there will be at least 1 aircraft based/overnighted there as Paris on the Sunday has a 07.00 departure. Paris looks like it'll be operated by a Belfast based aircraft.
It looks like this.

Edinburgh 18 weekly with 3 daily Monday to Friday 1 daily on Saturday and 2 daily Sunday non based aircraft earliest departure 09.20.

Dublin 19 weekly with 3 daily Sunday to Friday 1 daily Saturday based/overnight aircraft except Sunday earliest departure 07.00.

Cork 3 weekly Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.

Jersey 4 weekly Sunday,Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Paris CDG 8 weekly daily Monday to Saturday 2 daily Sunday

Belfast 7 weekly daily non based

Comes to 59 weekly departures so far. It also looks like they will be adding extra aircraft to their Belfast and Edinburgh bases. Does beg the question if they are operating such a comprehensive schedule why close the base? Especially as they will be basing/overnighting an aircraft anyway.
CWL does lose it's ski routes by the looks of it and as expected Italy, Germany and Portugal go.
Despite the kick in the teeth for the CWL based crews that have been made redundant, this is actually pretty good news for CWL.

I have a feeling that as more routes have been kept than expected, with EDI and DUB seeing further increases in weekly total flights that Flybe either couldn't get out of the contract they had with the Welsh Government, or the Government has negotiated a new deal. Hopefully they aren't throwing any new money at this and it's all from the original deal. I'm surprised ORK and JER have survived which leads me to believe the WG have pulled the strings on this one as well.
Hopefully EDI and DUB can support the 3x daily which offers great options for people wanting to fly and hopefully it's not too late for the release and people haven't booked elsewhere for the Winter.
59 weekly flights can't be that much of a drop from the current number. Does anyone know how many weekly flights Flybe operate currently?