PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Electronic Pilot Logbook
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2019, 12:34
AdzMc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, this is how far I've got with them. I sent them an email.....

"Hi There,

Whilst I understand that that a fixed pricing model may not be the best business model, it is the model that set you above all of the competition and the model that you sold to me KNOWING that you were soon to be launching a new product and discontinuing support for the current product, something which may go against EU trade and Distance Selling Regulation laws.

Whilst it's nice to be 'grandfathered' in, this information WAS NOT clearly visible throughout the transfer process, and the wording used suggested a free transfer. By making people pay for the new software, you're not actually allowing them to migrate their original lifetime licence, what you're actually doing is allowing them to purchase a new lifetime licence that has a temporary time limit applied to it....much like many new subscription services do to get new customers to sign up.

The fact that existing users need to purchase a new license should have been mentioned on the initial welcome screen when opening mccPILOTLOG and a FAQ should have been posted on the instructions page BEFORE being advised to 'buy' a new subscription.

If you go onto Facebook and PPRuNe etc, there are many threads about this topic and how disgusted people are with how this change has been implemented and the fact that the new software has left many users unable to access their data. I hope you can offer me some sort of financial compromise, such as refunding me my original ENT subscription, but allowing me to keep my lifetime license after purchasing the new software as I didn't even get 1 years use out of mccPILOTLOG.

Regards,

Adam"

......and this was their reply......

"Dear Adam,

We understand that the inability to using mccPILOTLOG to its full extend has caused major inconveniences to you.

I therefore discussed your request for a free or discount upgrade with the Sales Manager.

There are many other pilots still waiting for a bug fix, waiting for an airline connection, waiting for a logbook format or other functionalities and software issues. It is very difficult for us to draw a line. How much shall we discount for a small bug, a major bug, a missing function, a delay...

To make sure that all of our customers are treated the same way, the Sales Manager adheres to a strict policy without exceptions. I am sorry that I cannot make this happen for you. We do however commit to resolving all pending issues in the new software CrewLounge PILOTLOG.

I can imagine that you do not feel comfortable with this reply. But even with the normal upgrade, our pricing remains way below the competition. Give it a try, and free download the new logbook. You can test the features with a free account, and decide later.

I hope that you will still join us on our new journey.

Enjoy your Life in the Sky,

CrewLounge SUPPORT"