PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you need a new fleet Leigh?
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2019, 07:23
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FightDeck
Dragon man is on the money.
Much of the above is a legal summation of that part of the act S318 from a major legal/IR practice. It is not mine!
In fact there are more sections of the act which protect employment and prohibits transmission of business to other entities.
As the wise have noted, If Qantas were able to have crewed many of the last four Long Haul aircraft types to cheaper startups they would have! Can anyone provide any official written evidence from Qantas management or CEO that suggested Qantas 787 flying may be crewed by another entity? No because it was not legal.
It is the many requirements of the Fair Work Act and the sale act that have stopped them. Not any love of pilots from Qantas.
In fact if you transfer to Jetstar you need to sign an acknowledgement that you are waiving your S318 rights.
Its a negotiating technique of feeding disinformation unofficially to influence a company position.
Its a repeat of shiny metal jet syndrome same as the last EA. I can’t stop many getting played for fools however.
This time Qantas has turned around, made consecutive record billion dollar profits, paid record bonuses, share price is $5.50 not 0.92 cents. It’s up 375%. In the last half year alone Qantas had enough cash to buy back 378 million dollars worth of shares.
We have a global pilot shortage and the Qantas group can’t fill pilot positions in group entities.
As far as a negotiation for an eventual A380 replacement type, which will be flying Qantas aircraft to Qantas destinations, it is only pilots talking down the strongest position they have held for a long time.
I’m hoping from some stronger leadership from AIPA as pilots are their own worst enemies industrially.

That they need new fleet is axiomatic.
What price they pay is up to the pilots.