PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Stuck Manual Trim Technique
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2019, 08:15
jumbomax11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boofhead;

Be careful with guys like Boofhead, Yanrair and others!
Its always easy to say they should have done this or that and could have saved the aircraft easily due to better training and pilot skills!
It was the combination of failures which contributed to these accidents, beginning with AOA Sensor failure, the airspeed unreliable, stickshaker, stall warning and lots of red lights and warnings, all within a short time and in low altitude.
Then came the MCAS, which most did not know about and which was not mentioned by Boeing in the manuals.
In this situation your best strategy will fail and then you may forget or disregard things like speed or so
I bet, most of you guys couldn't save the aircrafts in this extremely complex and unexpected situation!
If you think about having the whole scenario in the simulator, early morning shift without briefing, most if not all crews would have failed to save this.
Of course now, after everybody discussed this at length you having a big advantage to the crews who lost their live.
And of course, not everbody is a Chuck Jaeger or a "Sully"
By the way, in my view the landing in the hudson was a "piece of cake" compared to the scenario of this two accidents!
In my view it is not enough by Boeing just to do some software changes, but the AOA sensor design with only two independant AOA's should have been overworked as well!