PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2019, 20:17
sixchannel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just lucky??

Reading all the bad things about EMA here I was beginning to think I'd picked a 'wrong 'un' in forsaking BHX for EMA this year. So with some trepidation on May 12th we set off on our first round trip of the year.
Distance is 15 miles more but took only 5 minutes longer than to BHX. Traffic via M42/A42 was 'normal', certainly not as manic as M6. Only issue was the roundabout at Donington Services etc where traffic flies round there and you just have to pick a gap and go for it. The A453 was fine (its only a mile or so on it anyway) and road surface was OK inc airport roads.
Check in was 9am. I expected busy but Jet2 had us done in 10 mins. I had bought Express Security based on BHXs long queues but there WAS no queue, or very minor, so probably wasted my money there.
After following the ubiquitous black sparkly path of 'Duty Free' into Airside we felt it was all quite laid back and not always in your face like BHX. Gate info was clear and boarding didnt need a bus or airbridge. Might have felt different if it had been raining. Lol.
On time departure.
Inbound arrival was on time too.
Baggage carousels were 'busy' - 3 flights allocated to one carousel - but even so, doors open to being in Meet & Greet Reception was no more than 20/25 mins.
No biometrics for Passports, the good old-fashioned personal check working well.
Y'know what - instead of dreading the next run, end June, we're actually looking forward to it.
Were we just lucky?