PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Stuck Manual Trim Technique
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2019, 10:54
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I asked before: If the crew on MAX is holding the yoke thumb rocker for trim, and the MCAS comes for the second push after the cooling off period, will it override the pilot's elec command? And we do not know.

Boeing tells us while MCAS is active the thumb switch will kill it, and I trust them. The question above is about a priority rule in a different scenario, another mode. - and we do not know, only assume.

The connection here is that we see a blip of ELEC TRIM switch on the traces, but we really have no way of knowing what was the commanded input of the crew on the rockers. Or do we? Having read those statements about AoA disagree not plugged in by mistake, and underperforming pilots being the only problem, I have an axe to grind now.

Come on, you self-certified the ND inputs to 1x 0,6 units and then went to build it with a recurring open loop of 2,5 units?! Thus the possibility of crew's inputs being voted out by the internal logic needs to be investigated. Given what we learned, is it really a lower probability of that logic being FUBAR, than a young, proud enthusiastic captain who flies a MAX 3 weeks after a deadly crash with the solution splashed all over the news and the internet not pressing the rocker switch??