PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 25th May 2019, 20:23
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just went quickly over some posts, sorry if I missed somehing. It seems THY is getting more and more desperate, now reading that even turkish people are leaving is a bit impressive. I was interviewed for the THY "gig" already around 2013, passed but did not join(especially the THY "instructors" on the sim did not really made a great impression to me(e.g. had 3 of them, all locals, all THY - ALL of them talking ALL the time in turkish with each other, the guy that was supposed to assist me made an incredible bad job at it playing my FO(do not know if intentionally or it is just standard down there), most of the time I had to do it by myself because even repeatedly asked to do a job the guy never did, was to busy jabbing in turkish to his mates.Forgot to mention that my entire "sim briefing" was taking exactly 2 Minutes(yes!!) At the end I did it solo which turned out fine but not for me personally).

Apart from that they do NOT offer a proper commuting roster, even not for europeans. And I do not want my family in Istanbul(no offence, but that is how I feel, especially now with the new sultan rising, you do not want loved ones trapped in that country at the moment). Then there is the decreasing value of the turkish lira. Simply not interesting anymore for any westener. I need to pay my bills in Euros and not in TL(which are down to 0,15 already).

Now, Turkish tried a few times to "convince" me to join. Apparently now they are back to agencies, just received an email with the "fantastic" terms last week.

I would say - IF you got a job, don't even bother thinking about THY. IF you are young, low on experience, unemployed, it might be your time to join that outfit as they become more and more desperate. Strangly they do not think to improve salaries and commuting roster with guaranteed seat in the THY network, maybe offer Euros instead of TL to Western Pilots. So many ways they COULD attract pilots with significant experience, however, they choose not to. Not my airline so I honestly do not care.