PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade in 737 or waiting for 320
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2019, 16:08
hans brinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clumsypilot
I would like to inform all who shared their opinions with me. Begining of 2019 I started my 737 command course. It took 2 months including ground course and 15 sims(incl. rnav etops lvo).

So far I am very happy with my decision, first of all airplane is so much fun to fly! I realized how much I missed trimming and setting thrust etc on approach. Also it s nice to learn another way of automation. I am now able to compare two major airline jets and see the positives and negatives of each. Obviously I miss ecam : ) especailly during sims.

During the process I met lot of new ppl and did learn a lot from them. Now I am flying many new destinations which is also great in terms of experience. Also I was afraid that I would be losing my experience by changing type for command but it is not the case. I still keep the basic skills of aviation that I got during airbus plus I get new things everyday.

All in all I am happy with my decision but to be honest it wasnt easy. Actually I am not sure if I would do it again if I knew that I had to study that much : ) Now I am more confident about new airplanes and changing types. I realized first type rating is the hardest thn it gets easier. In my case the second was also hard since I was also changing seats. I feel more like a pilot thn an airbus pilot now : )

safe flights to all..

Good for you, I would definitely agree