PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2019, 09:42
Union Jack

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
Well done to the crew to stand up to this sort of thing, assuming the vehicle was a service provided vehicle for service use would she actually have had a services licence whatever it is called these days or insurance to drive it?

I agree with the handling of this too, poor, he should have been removed straight away and as for sailing it south his second in command should have been elected to the task if a replacement couldn't be found, if the second in command isn't deemed competent enough to do this by those further up the food chain, then he shouldn't be in the job.

i remember a certain Station Commanders wife in the past. who was driving her husbands car to collect him with the pennant on and was insisting on being saluted, she was soon put right on the subject.
I should emphasise that I'm not having a go at Nutty, but his opening words have made me wonder whether anyone can recall any recorded instances of anyone standing up, or officially complaining in any way, about any of the many reported, and usually admiringly, incidents in this forum of aircraft from all three Services being used for all sorts of obviously less than official purposes.

Taking up Nutty's point about the command of QUEEN ELIZABETH, the Executive Officer should indeed be able to take over temporary command, but as alluded to earlier, the best replacement at least in the short term is clearly the incoming Captain of PRINCE OF WALES.

Jack