PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perhaps aviation biggest challenge....
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2019, 22:23
dr dre

Received 365 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by Bankstown Boy
then I would prefer proof, not wet dreams
The only problem is you types will only accept proof once you see the crops failing, the seas rising and flooding coastal cities, previously habitable areas becoming uninhabitable, wildfire season starting in winter instead of summer (whoops, that is happening right now). And then you’ll probably just say it was unavoidable anyway.

Do something about it now to prevent it (or more accurately now just dampen the effects) and because it wasn’t as bad as what was forecast you’ll claim that the money spent was a total waste. Sort of like the year 2000 “Millenium Bug” scare when skeptics pointed out afterwards, despite forecasts of disaster, that nothing bad happened therefore the money spent was a total waste, completely disregarding the fact that the billions spent on updating software prior to the event prevented much of the forecasted computer failures.

Like I said in my previous post I’m glad the popular fight (the knowledge fight has already been won by the overwhelming bulk of the science world) is now being led by the youth. 16 year olds who will have to deal with these issues in 2075 when they are the same age as the current US President, and long after almost all climate deniers have long since departed.

Last edited by dr dre; 24th May 2019 at 22:55.