PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perhaps aviation biggest challenge....
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2019, 22:02
dr dre

Received 356 Likes on 195 Posts
(“97% of climate scientists agree...” - don’t make me laugh, absolute bunkum!)
John Boeman, you’ve written a lot of words, but those are the most egregious.

Multiple peer reviewed studies published in reputable scientific journals have backed up the 97% figure. Here’s NASA’s take on the subject:

Scientific Consensus: Earth's Climate is Warming

(but hey, I guess they faked the moon landing so they’re experts at hoaxing the public right?)

Yes, I know you can point to a handful of deniers with supposed authority to back up your claims, but you fail to mention things like supposed expert William Happer is an optical physicist with no formal education in climate science, or Leslie Woodcock writes for conspiracy theorist claptrap site Breitbart, or Nils-Axel Mörner’s (again a geologist not a climate scientist) work has been debunked multiple times by actual climate scientists, or Patrick Moore (again, a biologist not a climate scientist) is paid by the fossil fuel industry.

You’ll accuse me of playing the man, not the ball. I don’t need to, the ball has been played many times already by the tens of thousands of actual Climate scientists and reputable worldwide scientific organisations who have spent decades studying in this specific field and whom all lead to the same conclusion.

And so yes, from where I stand climate change ‘alarmists’ are suffering from (or for sound financial reasons are willingly and knowingly going along with) this obscenely well funded mass hysteria and have proven that they are immune to facts and the evidence in front of their noses.
If you don’t have any substance left you can just claim that tens of thousands of climate scientists working in multiple organisations in most countries around the world are all in a massive worldwide conspiracy to, well, I’m not sure what benefit they would get by making a climate change hoax? Like I said in a post previously, if it’s all just a hoax and we create all these renewable energies and technologies that are more sustainable and waste free is that such an evil thing?

If you have read this far and and you share dr dre and Mk 1’s amazement that dinosaurs like me still exist, feel free to ignore the aberration that we obviously are
This is like having self proclaimed “experts” flight sim users and airport photographers who will not accept any alternatives on their theory that airline pilots are deliberately spreading chemtrails. Now just imagine those people managing to infiltrate high positions in government, business and the media (which climate deniers have) and you’ll see why actual climate scientists are concerned at where the world is headed.

It does give me hope that the current popular fight against climate change is being led by the youth, their leader being 16 years of age. They will be the ones who will have to deal with this problem in 2075. Why so far in the future? That’s when they will be the same age as the current US President. You can see why they are greatly concerned.