PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2019, 07:54
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
The RN has been handling this situation with unbelievable clumsiness.

But if indeed he was "..reported by his own crew", I can see the ship getting a reputation as being an 'unhappy ship'.
If I were the MTO and had picked up on this, and even raised it with him (who knows, I'm not there...but I'd be staggered if it had not been) I'd report it if it were illegal and ongoing after a quiet word! It would be my Pension after all at stake here esp with all the insurance connotations! Owch! But since we all had it drummed in from Day 1 that "It's the little things that will catch you, Sunshine!" why he didn't go for the standard "plant the boat into a bridge/park it on a sandbank = promotion assured" technique I've no idea. Worked so well for many in the past!

I once (decades ago) had to pick up a MSO (Mildly Senior Officer) one evening from a train station. Finally, in desperation, used my beat-up car. "Where's the MT?". Wearily, my response "Out of hours, Sir, and you are only a MSO!" did not go down well. I silenced further grumbling by suggesting "Well, there's always a bus out to camp! Next one in about 3 hours!". How many rules that trip broke I'd hate to think - including the latest barking "union rule" governing out-of-hours use (or not!) of MT......