PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career in EK or work for regional in the USA? Help me guys.
Old 24th May 2019, 05:17
HVYMETAL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simple non sarcastic answer... Go to the US. 12,000 is money, sure, but it will be worth the investment. The QOL at EK is really rough and a lot of people get burnt out quickly, the money there also isn't as a good as you think it is. Regional Airline schedules flying long haul exist there, 120+ hours per month in the plane. The UAE just added a 5% VAT to basically everything in 2018 and wages didn't rise accordingly, so it's getting incredibly expensive there.

Fun country, I go there often and always enjoy it, but that's it, I wouldn't want to work for an airline there. Here in the US your quality of life will be so much better, pay will suck at first, but it time it will improve and you will be happy you sucked it up. When I go to the UAE it's for vacation to see friends, that's it.

A lot more to be said, but the only way I'd recommend EK is if you needed/wanted to live in the Middle East or Turkey. Then I would recommend it to avoid the crazy commute. Besides that? USA.

Good luck.