PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goldwings Warsaw - Feedback
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2019, 18:31
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a student at this school since January 2018 on the 0-ATPL+FI program, I have done my PPL(A), hour building and currently I am passing my ATPL(A) exams aiming to get done in June. So I can not tell you much about the MEP(L)+IR/ME+CPL(A) program other than there is Piper III Seneca and DA-42 available for the MEP part (you are free too choose) and that the instructors are very good almost all of them airline pilots and even airline captains instructing in their free time. The sim for IR and pre MEP(L) training is DA-42 FNTP II. For the planned MCC/JOC there is Airbus 320 sim. For the CPL(A) SEP you have Cessna 172s and AT-3s available and you are free to choose which aircraft you prefer. The AT-3 got glass cockpit, the Cessnas have not but according to me its bigger more comfortable and more easy/stable to fly. There is no waiting time on SEP as for MEP there may sometimes be short waiting times when the DA-42 is at maintenance (no longer than a week).

Other than that the school got a very free and friendly atmosphere and people like to joke etc. so you have to see if you like it (it may not be perfect for very "stiff" persons). Also the school require certain level of theory knowledge from the students so you have to do your homework and learn what you need to learn if you do not learn your theory your lesson might even be postponed (happens very seldom only if someone does not have a clue about what is going to be done in the exercise). The same goes for flying if you wish to get done inside the mandatory time given by CAA you need a steep learning curve. The instructors are very helpful in explaining anything you wish but it is up to you how fast you progress the school require a certain level of performance and it is not being lowered because someone wish to be done quickly or do not wish to redo a failed exercise. You are also free to once change the instructor without giving any reason for it.