PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2019, 09:55
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 104 Likes on 59 Posts
Taily; Damn sure that I had a drink with Granger in the Club Dero wantaim. Cannot remember exactly when, but I do remember him as one bloody good Bloke!

For some reason cannot get link to play!

Purely for something to say.........
My taim bilong PNG was all too bloody short! (18 months!) But I will never ever forget the Friends I made, the experiences I had, the things I learned that you would not learn anywhere else and especially the 'ohfeckImgonna die' moments!

With regard to the last mentioned; Prior to gaining my first job in PNG I had a conversation with a Talair line pilot who just happened to be near the phone in the Crew room in Port Moresby when I called, asking for the Chief Pilot.
The conversation we had I could now only describe as an 'interrogation.'

Towards the end of this interrogation he said that all the the Chief Pilot would want to know is...... "Can you fly?"
"Can you handle remote areas (ie ; Know where you are at all times) and handle bad weather?"

And he ended the phone call with the statement that 'if you did not have at least one of the 'ohfeckimgonnadie' moments per week then you were not working hard enough!

At the time I thought that the last statement was one of the greatest 'line shoots ever said!'

I leave it to fellow ex Lapuns to answer the last one for themselves.