PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CMP and JCR
Thread: CMP and JCR
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2019, 04:44
RAT Management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cxorcist
Actually, I’m not asking the trainers to take any unified action as a group. All I’m asking them to do is the right thing. They know they are enabling the degradation of all our careers by selfishly doing something that is 100% voluntary, now and in the past. They disgust me, and they will never have my respect, only inauthenticity as I renew my license. I’ll nod my head and take little notes, but there’s no respect. None!
without prejudice:
Well maybe your looking at this from the wrong side of the fence. The trainers are training because they are happy to train and they are happy with their pay and conditions. They do not have to play judge jury and executioner for those that "choose" to join on whatever their package is. To say you have no respect for them leaves little respect for you and your attitude. Market forces will ultimately dictate your pay and conditions. The world over is seeing decreasing salaries for increased workload. I am not saying it's right. But the next time you sit next to me and take controlled rest because you weren't adequately rested for your duty instead of taking yourself off that duty, then you should ask who deserves the respect. Ask yourself how many times you have called in sick/fatigued down route and delayed a flight due to not being rested or whatever. If the answer is less than 5 in the last 4 years then it's ultimately you who has less respect deserved from your fellow crew members. If your "pushing through" then you sir are the one single handedly allowing the degrading conditions you so blame the trainers for.

Stop blaming others and be professional about what your licence mandates of you. If the conditions are such that there is doubt in your ability to complete the duty you MUST NOT FLY. It's as simple as that. You and everyone else in this organisation is the enemy and until we actually get professional not in the sense the company expects ( to complete the duty ) but of that what our passengers expect, a fit healthy well rested crew capable of completing the normal duty as well as any emergency you can think of.

I am not pointing fingers but merely starting the obvious as ASRF's are exponentially increasing with the introduction of CMP but the same notorious patterns are still being rostered and crewed with minimal reaction to the reports from the crews.

The cabin crew don't use ASRF for patterns that are too hard. They take a different approach that works. I don't see them doing the same layovers as flight crew even though their aftls are the same as ours.