PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR changes...
Thread: QR changes...
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2019, 23:58
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
polax52

Well, time passes, new genrations need to make the same mistakes as we did when we thought QR was THE place to be(realized it wasn't during my first night in Doha in the great company accomodation at "mushareb"(maybe different name, already a very long while ago I was down there) flyover). Should have followed my instincts that night and just grab a taxi, return to the airport and fly back to Europe on the next available flight.

Well, I left after 2 years, so did many other pilots. New ones always arrive, thinking that the grass is greener in the middle east . Well, it isn't.

We hear about the EK horrorstories, same going on over there. If you are clever you steer clear of the ME, it is a simple as that.

If you go for money - easy, go China. No idea why you would go Korean(just seen their terms yesterday) or Japan. Southeast Asia if you want a more relaxing life and enjoy the "style". Europe and US if you want labour laws(even that they get softened up by our "competent" authorities and politicians year by year).

Aviation and possible options in a nutshell. Honestly, no idea why someone would choose the ME at the moment(or generally) - love of sand? Shiny A380's(well, get the poster)?