PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing admits flaw in 737 Max flight simulator
Old 21st May 2019, 13:39
yanrair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trick or treat?
Actually one of my major concerns about these two crashes and others like them, and the trend in general, is that the "tricks" - techniques, airmanship, generations of wisdom, are not being passed on to the next generation of trainers who in turn train the pilots. My last job involved doing just that - helping to pass on the gene pool of learning that can so easily be forgotten. So, my generation have massive respect if not fear of a runaway stabiliser - not fear because we know how to fix it - let's call it respect. Then earlier on in this thread we hear from a 737 pilot who wasn't even told that there were handles on the stabiliser wheels and what they were for!

I do agree that it is no good having a really good training captain full or "tricks" passing these onto those lucky enough to be with him during training since this only glides over the problem. If a trainer has a good idea that is not out there - tell us all about it. Let it then become airline policy.
Y
Happy flying.