PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair-2
Thread: Loganair-2
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2019, 10:52
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BAladdy
The direct flights from Bournemouth Jersey and Guernsey on a Saturday have been consolidated from 2 separate flights into a single service. The aircraft now operates Jersey-Guernsey-Bournemouth-Guernsey-Jersey. Replacing the previously planned Jersey-Bournemouth-Guernsey-Bournemouth-Jersey W pattern

I have a feeling that this change is the reason that the flights are so expensive on a Saturday
Wasn't this one of the problems with flybmi, the cost of their flights? Trouble is with the type of routes they fly and aircraft types being used, I can't imagine there is much scope for bargain basement fares, even on leisure focused routes. There just aren't enough seats on the flight to have multiple seats at bargain fares and cover all the operating costs?

Let's hope they have done the maths and it all works as I think LM are a great airline and it would be very sad to see yet another airline name go in the UK (I'M NOT saying that they will or are about to before anyone jumps on me).but this will depend on how much the public are prepared to pay for these relatively short hops, a public that have got used to £50 return fares to Spain and the like with FR and EZY.

I did look at flying EMA-INV in the first week of June as a change from BE out of BHX but sadly again the fare didn't stack up, BE were much cheaper (and there's only so much extra I will pay for a free cup of tea and a biscuit!) so I will be sticking with BE on this particular trip at least. Shame as I wanted to fly LM again (haven't done for years as they haven't flown out of the Midlands since the 90's when they did BHX-GCI on the STP, those were lovely flights).