PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2019, 07:38
ATNotts

Received 312 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
And where can you fly to from DSA compared to EMA? Is DSA really more spacious, or was there just nobody there?

It's not rip-off Britain - its paying for what you need. If it takes you a long time to load the car, it is no different than paying more cos you have to have hold bags rather than just a carry on.

An off repeated point, but in real terms flying is now dirt cheap - airports have to make money some how.
The drop off point is certainly more spacious and better laid out than it's EMA equivalent. The terminal is certainly better designed, though undoubtedly smaller in terms of square metres, but certainly fit for purpose, something that cannot be said for many airports, EMA included.

I absolutely accept that airlines baulk at paying for the services they use, one of EMA's two principal airline customers certainly falls into that category. I also accept that it was UK government over reaction to one incident that lead to dropping off passengers on terminal frontages being stopped (it hasn't in many other European countries) and enabled airports to milk the passenger in the way that EMA does. I even reluctantly accepted the £2 charge for 10 minutes as it was just about workable. However there comes a point where at busy periods it is pretty well physically impossible to get through the drop off area within the minimum charge period and that is unfair - plain and simple.