PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you need a new fleet Leigh?
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2019, 05:16
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a group general manager boast to me that he was going to pay 1/3rd less for his NZ Turboprop operation prior to startup. I don't believe they had a single application once they put it to the market. As I said, there are no shortcuts in aviation. Airlines have milked there once off screw-over of the industry, now they are paying the price with a big shortage. Qantas mainline is insulated only while it has better T&C with some semblance of delayed career progression. Remove either of those, things will change.
Which is why as yet, the much publicised 'academy' has yet to see the 'Stream Lead' turn the first clod of earth while struggling with a shovel.

Jetstar has a role, for a long time, the economics were ignored, bastardised in favour of IR leverage. As the shortage is patently obvious to the entire industry, economics become more important, after all very quickly grounded aircraft generate no operating revenue.

Qantas need focused capital expenditure, vision and strategy.
With Fort Fumble they get plenty of strategy from IR, which is of declining relevance.