PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you need a new fleet Leigh?
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2019, 02:42
crosscutter

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vindiesel
I don't follow your logic. Why would they need to make anyone redundant?
If I said straight out QF won’t be setting up another operation to fly project sunrise people would say what about this, what about that.

I tried to to create a hypothetical scenario to prove how difficult it would be for QF to legally achieve a way for another entity to fly the A350. Simultaneously dropping A380 services and having another entity replace that flying with A350’s is nigh on impossible based on current legislation and crewing requirements.

I appreciate the ageing demographic of QF. We have seen in the past what happens when a fleet retires and is not replaced.

Look at the number of people out of the system training at the moment...look at the numbers coming in at the bottom every month. When/if the music stops and if there was no fleet replacement there will be a surplus. The same script will be followed as last time and look what happened then. Long service leave is not what it was, retirements will drop, and it makes no economic sense to retrench from the bottom (Korda Mentha logic not mine).

Mainline will get the Project Sunrise aircraft because the conditions agreed to will be within ballpark

Last edited by crosscutter; 21st May 2019 at 03:47.