PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GPS Mouse BU-303
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2019, 00:28
FullOppositeRudder

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
still get the same "device will not start" error
What is the computer program which is giving you this message? It might be helpful to also know the computer OS... The devices can be quite frustrating to start with - even the newest ones. It rather sounds like you have a functioning device. More recent Globalsat (353 onwards) have a tiny LED on the edge of the case which usually is solid when searching, and blinks when it has lock on sufficient satellites to provide a fix. There are quite a few simple GPS identification programs around which may help you ( Google is your friend ). One program called GPS Information has a GPS 'cold start' button; this may or may not help. Have a look here for useful information on GPS types including a port checker program. Finally here is a site which would take several hours / days to fully explore, but your answer just may be in there somewhere.

Oh yes, I almost forgot. Stating the obvious here but make sure the GPS has clear access to the sky - or a major sector of it. If it hasn't run for a while (and being an earlier example of the species) it may take a while to work out where it is. It won't tell you anything until it knows that. I seem to recall that there was an 'almanac reload / update' a few weeks / months ago. I have no idea whether that's a factor, but some people in some circles I move in were discussing what to do about this.

I wouldn't give up on it just yet, but I can be a stubborn old sod when it comes to these things

Last edited by FullOppositeRudder; 21st May 2019 at 05:00. Reason: clarification of a point (perhaps)