PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you need a new fleet Leigh?
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2019, 17:24
Capt Colonial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dragon man
I’m hearing AIPA and Qantas are in discussions on a deal for the A350. I hope they do a better job this time and get the crew toilet and rest issues sorted before they agree to the money side of things.
Dragon Man, I doubt such necessities will eventuate on what I was just told!

Yes, I have a bad habit of drinking with Engineers! However as was reported by Mateusz Maszczynski – 21 March 2019 (PYOC.com) Qantas Mainline Engineering are confirming that the Jetstar B787-8 is coming to Qantas Mainline (Destined for a Repaint and Cabin Refurbishment) for Mainline Regional Operations.

That’s 11 hulls! Jetstar is to get the A321LR that Joyce pre-ordered (do we remember Red Q?) replacing all of Jetstar's B787-8 hulls and which will cover their regional operations however the word is that this will also gear-up Jetstar to be able to fly the A350-1000 from 2026!

So, with 14 ordered +11 from Jetstar that will give Qantas Mainline 25 B787 Hulls. Whether the A350-1000 will come to Qantas Mainline or are flown by Jetstar (Or yet another Qantas subsidiary) Pilots will depend on what may be the competitive new “Business Case’!.