PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finding expat work?
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2019, 16:57
hans brinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cargocapt
Of course I am not going to pay for a job. People who ask that should be taken to the flight levels and "dropped off".

I am open to anything. Looking for something new. Wouldn't mind a caravan in the bush but could easily go airlines (whatever they call 121 outside the US). I don't have a ATP but I had lots of students who were going right seat in a 737 with less than 1000 hours. So I am "guessing" I would qualify for something like that? I'm jiggy with a 73 FO position for a while. I get that I would be the "alien" so I expect to be an outsider and everything that goes with it.
All of the people going into a 737 with less than 1000 hours fall into 2 categories:
Legacy flight training program for a national carrier. or, Pay2Fly.

If you are from the USA and don't have another passport you will need a visum to work anywhere outside the USA, no airline will sponsor a low time pilot for that, and you would not get one one your own.

You only have an FAA licence, so if you want to work outside of the US, at your experience level you will not get anything above a commercial equivalent, and no airline will touch you if you don't have a local licence.

The only option I see is things like mission flying ( AIM AIR - Mission Aviation - Serving those who serve ) or something like that.

You don't have an ATP? No Turbine time? how much ME fixed wing? I suggest going to a US regional and getting a bit of experience.....