PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia. Must have been one helluva Strategy meeting!!!!
Old 20th May 2019, 09:13
PPRuNeUser0198

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by morno

T-Vasis, keep in mind this was all supposed to have been completed mid last year. And they’re not even half way into it!

I don’t have figures to back my reduced utilisation claim up so take that how you want. All I can go off is what I’ve been told by those there, that A320 flying is down, 737 flying up. But I don’t imagine the leases are any cheaper whether they fly or not. Only a couple have left the fleet last time I checked.
Does the fleet transition expose Tigerair to additional cost? Yes. But it is short-term pain to enable cost liberation in the long term. There are sound benefits of this philosophy. It most certainly is the right thing to do.

Without the data to support aircraft utilisation it becomes a moot point. I prefer fact, so I will discount this until it can be substantiated. Someone could look at the schedule and make that determination. I beleive the fleet would be highy utilised.