PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-2
Thread: Thomas Cook-2
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2019, 06:26
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by FarWest
Folks,

I have a flight-only booking with Lufthansa through Thomas Cook for 3 of us to travel to Japan this October for the Rugby World Cup. I have paid a deposit and the remainder of the flight costs are due next month. I have an ATOL certificate from Thomas Cook, but I'm really not interested in getting my money back: I want the flights. If I pay the remainder of the flight costs to Thomas Cook, does that mean that Lufthansa will then get payment for our flights and we will then be OK to fly - whatever happens to Thomas Cook?

Thank you,

FW
If you paid by credit card (even just the deposit) then ALL your monies are protected by the bank. If you used a debit card then you may not have that protection in the event of TCK going under.
Banks also offer compensation on top of the loss of flight money for any out of pocket expenses. (section 75 credit card consumer act )

If TCK has not paid LH and also not ticketed your booking and they go under, then LH will not fly you as they will not get paid.

I'm puzzled why you have an ATOL certificate unless you have booked a package holiday.

Ask TCK for your LH PNR (Locator no.) and call LH to ask the status of your booking and ask what happens if the agent (TCK) goes under.