PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing admits flaw in 737 Max flight simulator
Old 20th May 2019, 00:45
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!

First of all, this is serious!!! @ Tak
I may not know as much about aerodynamics as some, but I had natural "touch" and survived........ Grew up on the Gulf coast and I enjoy nature's bounty while I can still move about and cook, ingest, digest and excrete.
- Use a blue crab or two that your break up and simmer in a quart of water for an hour
- make your own roux with flour and oil, or use one of the Louisiana blends. Many seafood spice packages here, so just watch the heat index if you are serving a wimp! Add this after the broth is nice
- veggie mix should be okra, sauteed celery and onion. Bell peppers are good, but not essential
- dump veggies in and simmer a long time or until the celery is tender.
- Then add a lotta popcorn shrimp and some fish fillet chunks.
- Simmer for maybe 30 minutes and dine!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
BTW, I flew two jets with actual AoA/Gee limiters, and another one with a rudder shaker when getting high AoA.
I prefer the actual limiter as the 'bus has and maybe some kinda vibrator if getting too close to the corner of the envelope.
The Voodoo pusher yanked the stick outta your hand, and since it was connected to the elevator the AoA decreased for a second or two. You could still defeat it, but had to overcome about 28 pounds of force and then another 60 pounds for the limiter ( manual command signal limiter, if you had it on). If you tried that hard to pitch-up, then explain it to your boss and the accident board.
Remember that all this was back in the mid 60's with an airframe designed in late 50's.

Gums sends...