PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Stuck Manual Trim Technique
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2019, 19:15
e1229

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RVF750
I can confirm that Mechatronix NG simulator we have does not have loading to the trim wheels. Very disconcerting when you try the scenario and the F/O can wind in full Nose down on you.

And no, it's not recoverable in that state. Very sobering.
360+ hours, 207+ flights to test. Ok. I really would like to know how many of those flights included removing one AoA probe at a random time (physically, not software disable), how many were done in the dark during rain, how many were done with some kind of heavy turbulence, how many were done acting like AF447, how many was done going nose down at high speed.

I know, test flights are there to collect parameters that you can analyze, replicate in the sim, and so on.

But given that MCAS was (not) really tested before and nobody even knew it was a new thing, I hope that Boing has gone to the limits to prove that it is fixed and that all those "undertrained, third world, below average, slow procedure followers" will be able to "just keep flying" if MCAS is active again. Or, even worst, it doesn't activate anymore when it was necessary (since I consider it existed to do something important and wasn't created just to keep engineers doing something in the spare time).