PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will gliding help me become an airline pilot?
Old 19th May 2019, 12:57
holding4release

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
planesandthings I know I’m two years late, but reading through this thread I found your response in particular incredibly constructive, being in a position similar to the OP . (I have a feeling your Titan friend may well be the same fellow that gave me a taste for gliding just last week).

Originally Posted by Martin_123
that's not exactly true, you can claim up to 30 hours for the CPL(A) experience requirements, so as an hour building thing it's ok, but you have to be a PIC, duals don't count
I’m not sure if anyone will pick this up as it’s so old, but I’m trying to work out how the 30hr glider PIC credit to CPL license actually works. From what I gather this can only be used towards the 200TT for CPL ISSUE and NOT the 100 PIC/150TT required to start training. If you’re going down the airline route then you’ll also need an MEIR and so the remaining 25hrs or so TT after CPL training will come from the IR course unless I’ve missed something (I’m hoping I am).

Cheers,
H4R