PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US administration blames foreign pilots for 737 Max crashes
Old 18th May 2019, 09:09
Gove N.T.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"It just bothers me that we continue to tear down our system based on what has happened in another country.”

If what we read in the pprune forum and from what we hear from Boeing and the regulatory bodies in the USA, it is worrying that the FAA "outsource" a portion of its certification to the aircraft manufacturer. It is worrying that it appears there are significant gaps in the training, that a safety feature is left out but you can buy it at a modest few thousand (belittles that hackneyed phrase "safety is our number 1 concern")
Some drongo politician disparages all (non US) countries and carriers and in effect crew "I'm trying to not to be disrespectful because they are deceased" (and then promptly do so by association)"...do we not have concerns not only with the training of pilots in other nations....."

If a system is questionable then perhaps "we" should "continue to tear down our system" and make it better regardless of which country is involved since the manufacturer sells aircraft worldwide.

Boeing says that aircraft when (properly) re-certified to fly will be the safest aircraft to fly. Well I should hope that all aircraft that aircraft manufacturers deliver should be so.

And yes, there are differing standards in the capability of cockpit crew regardless from which country the come