PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US administration blames foreign pilots for 737 Max crashes
Old 18th May 2019, 06:26
CurtainTwitcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MemberBerry
Sorry for the off-topic post,
---
The first instinct when I hear something bad about my favorite political party is to defend it...
Instinct 0, to even have a favourite political party is a mistaken assumption, in my view. Political parties don't appear to work for people at our level, just the top 0.1%. Exhibit A, the 737MAX fiasco.

I knew an (almost) honest politician, once.

See also Celine's Third Law
An honest politician is a national calamity
Celine recognizes that the third law seems preposterous from the beginning. While a dishonest politician is interested only in bettering his own lot through abusing the public trust, an honest politician is far more dangerous since he is honestly interested in bettering society through political action, and that means writing and implementing more and more laws.

Celine argues that creating more laws simply creates more criminals. Laws inherently restrict individual freedom, and the explosive rate at which laws are being created means that every citizen in the course of his daily life does not have the research capacity to not violate at least one of the plethora of laws. It is only through honest politicians trying to change the world through laws that true tyranny can come into being through excessive legislation.

Corrupt politicians simply line their own pockets. Honest idealist politicians cripple the people's freedom through enormous numbers of laws. So corrupt politicians are preferable according to Celine, despite the possibility of an honest politician who honestly opposes the formation of new laws (or wants to do away with some).

Last edited by CurtainTwitcher; 18th May 2019 at 06:41.