PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CMP and JCR
Thread: CMP and JCR
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2019, 02:44
OK4Wire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loop, I don't think 6 or 8 Captains (out of 3000+ pilots) going into training has put paid to the company's desperation.

When was the last guidance or a reminder on CC? What are our aims, again? And before Dan says there isn't any need for a reminder, just do it, all troops need to have a clear and precise goal - and we don't have one!

They won't offer improvements because of our CC, they will just continue to find a work-around, as they have done forever.

We need to recapture the CC spirit with a clear, concise and coordinated campaign, not a boring re-hash of the same **** I have been doing for 20 years - IT'S NOT WORKING. "But it's having an effect" I hear you say - no, it's not: Swires moved up God knows how many places on the Rich List, our Directors continue to get bonuses, and our aircraft continue to get parked. NO-ONE CARES! Think we are "doing CC" by turning up to the dispatch desk at the right time, having spent 25 minutes looking at the iPad in the comfy lounge? Correct CC would see the cockpit crew in seperate busses every time.

Let's not keep doing the same thing over and over again thinking that we are bringing the company to it's knees. Do it smarter, not longer. If the membership could see how the GC is conducting it's business right now, they would run a mile. Stop shooting yourselves in the foot.

"Oh, but we can't just give up, they'll never offer us a negotiated RPs then!" Giving up, and reorganising into a new CC campaign are not the same thing. And besides, once Global RPs are negotiated, what then? Find another reason to stay in CC?

Fix the GC, fix the industrial sub-committee, fix the AOA. Only then can we start to think about what we are trying to achieve.