PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - YSBK South-East VFR Lane Proposal
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2019, 23:45
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alphacentauri
Leadsled,

The report given to Airservices, by the Dept, on Badgerys Creek included a list of assumptions to be used in the design of an airspace concept. One of those assumptions was that BK and CN was to be downgraded to VFR ops only. It is with this assumption that the preliminary flight paths have been designed. This is still in their documentation!! I believe this may have been reconsidered, which is why the flight paths are still being finalised, which may also be why there is no final airspace proposal.

On the topic of can and should IFR ops at BK be incorporated. Absolutely they should. But it requires a wholistic look at all surrounding airspace. It needs to be started from scratch. Indeed the airlines have been on record for quite sometime requesting a complete redesign of all airspace between YASS and YWLM.

Its the Dept that are unwilling to have these conversations
Alpha C,
The majority of my remarks have been directed at the absolutely ridiculous size of the proposed CTA, not the flightpaths in and out of Sydney West.
And, based on the various discussion I, personally, have had over a period of time, it is Airservices in particular, but also CASA, who need to be more flexible to the possibilities.
It was not "the department" that came up with the ratbag megazone.
And yes, a redesign of the whole area, including the again ridiculously large size of Richmond, Nowra and Williamtown is about 70 years overdue, with their CTAs reduced to the equivalent of at least NATO/RAF size, and better still, US standards.
The current policy of everything behind closed doors, in part because of the sensitivity to the noise of small but well publicized groups violently anti aviation in general and aviation noise and alleged pollution in the Sydney basin and surrounds, is very dangerous for GA.
Both major political parties should have the courage to ignore a bunch of Stalinist, but the won't!
Tootle pip!!