PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE ADAPT Tests
Thread: CAE ADAPT Tests
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2019, 17:02
Rachel_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAE assessment 2019

Hello guys, I’ve just gone through the stage 2 assessment and now I can clear a few things! And tell you what I thought...

Maths and Physics!
  • No calculator! Sorry! However the sums you have to do are manageable until you get to the last questions you may have to estimate your answer
  • distance = speed x time! Practice getting fast on these questions no need to actually remember the formula but nice if you can be quick on them!
  • In the physics I think it would be beneficial just to practice the formulas. Getting quick to adapting the question to the formula would ease you
Cognitive tests
  • So I thought these were okay, but practice these online! I’ve found pretty good YouTube videos to explain the non verbal reasoning tests so which ever you struggle with just put some time into it
FAST
  • Yeah this is difficult! Practice makes perfect, I used latest pilot jobs program and I did find this useful! Just to put the many tasks you have to do at once
  • You get 2 attempts at this, the first one is to see your initial reactions and the 2nd is to see what you have learnt!
Fixed wing
  • So I did find this more challenging than I thought! The program on latest pilot jobs was good however I relied too much on the screen at the bottom to tell me if I was on track or not. So maybe try and cover that and only listen to air traffic and at the end see how close you were?
  • You do get a practice go for this, so don’t worry! The ‘instructor’ will teach you the controls before the test!
Red ball test
  • This is fine! Practice on latest pilot jobs does help, just do a little each day!
Overall
  • Don’t stress!
  • It’s not that difficult however it’s a lot to process and to take in which makes it harder!
  • Take as many breaks as you need between tests
  • Talk to others! Everyone is in the same boat and might be applying to a different scheme/company so it might be interesting as what they have to say
  • The cae bundle does help but do not stress yourself about the questions that require a calculator
  • Enjoy it! Take your time, and learn from it!