PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CMP and JCR
Thread: CMP and JCR
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2019, 13:05
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FWIW the rosters I’ve seen since CMP being initiated have been the worst ones since I’ve been here. This is not really the fault of CMP but of the prevailing philosophy of rostering. The roster is built — potentially with some decent efficiency and fatigue weighting modules — and then reserve is added in later (after the CMP process) to fill in the gaps of what would have been time off. Really a scam. And rosters are changed on a whim later (again with no regard to what CMP might have figured)— negating any benefit of the program. With the goal of putting someone on a string for as much as possible.

Until the rosters become unchangable without agreement of the rosteree, and reserve becomes an integral part of the process (being paid and having a penalty factor) you will see things go downhill. I really haven’t ever seen anything like this in a long haul operation.

As usual, the TUs will remain impotent to have any measurable effect. To be fair this isn’t completely their fault; too many scabs and pussies amongst us to force a win-win.