PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Area frequencies and boundaries
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2003, 18:48
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The day the glider contest I was referring to went to Laughlin was the day the radar was unavailable because of scheduled maintenance. This was briefed before takeoff. So much for the fast movers relying on the radar service
Have just spoken to a yank colleague. He states "You're getting some bad info. What day did this happen? Laughlin AFB is covered by overlapping radar, and would never be blank. No way jets are going near gliders without it, they can't see them". Something to ponder?
AK.
I have been perplexed by AOPAs role throughout. It cracks me up that you buy newspaper ads to decry 'CivilAir scaremongering', but how exactly are you achieving your aims of furthering member's interests by acting as a branch of NASIG? As Chief Galah keeps asking, "what's in it for the lighties"? If your ads were decrying the appalling state of the charging system (and subsequently GA), I'd say bravo. You keep strangely quiet on such issues, yet find money to do Dick's bidding. The U.S charging system is great, let's get that.
Tobzalp.
I'll think you'll find more than 2 people win Tattslotto every week.