PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFTA - Ryanair training schemes
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2019, 21:23
Milhous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have any updates on this?
I believe it's about 85k to go with afta through Ryanair, 79k to do the integrated without Ryanair.
It would be nice to have a FO job lined up after spending that kind of money, however, even after training is completed, you still have another assessment with Ryanair to see if you can proceed to get type rated? Or have I read that wrong!?

I was looking at nfc in Dublin because they would be way more convenient for my location but they're not partnered up with any airlines, they have mentioned getting recruited would not an issue as there are plenty of jobs at present, however, they are selling a course so I'm unsure. What is the market like, what will it be like over next 2 years!?

The dream is FTE Jerez, a lot of airlines seem to hire directly from them, however its a lot more money (120k) so it's not a runner for me at present.

I know there's a whole thread on integrated - v- modular but I feel like both nfc and afta have seemed to gloss over modular when I was chatting to them, as much to say in for a penny in for a pound. I do have an option of a three day week with my current job but they said I'd still be looking at between 3 and 4 years?

Thanks for any help you give..

Aspiring pilot.