PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Niugini's subsidiary - LINK PNG
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2019, 21:20
WINJA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Office Update
If all the B737 Singapore - POM stuff is true; has the flight crew been stood down? The Fleet manager/Chief Pilot I would assume has checked the FMS for the flight, downloaded the historical data.
Is there any QAS staff taking an interest?

Troppo in the 4th May post mentioned pilots from Fiji coming to PNG, OK if qualified but lack of experience is an issue. I thought that at least two senior CASA PNG FOI's/Examiners were both ex Fiji aviation, and if 83 year old dude is still there then he is Fiji orientated. I'm not picking on Fiji, but you get what you pay for and although B737 pay in Kina may not be up to desirable western standard, in some countries when you take the money 'home' it is a kings fortune. There is no level paying field in ANG, or CASA PNG. No apparent updates on the Chuuk accident as yet.
Get what you pay for. How condescending is that? All operations in Fiji above the DHC are operated ETOPS, even the ATR.
You might be surprised at the experience and qualifications of some of the Fijians when it comes to managing an ETOPS flight. They do a lot of it and in modern aircraft.
Something about the attitude of your post and also the incidents of discussion tells me that perhaps you and your airline may just benefit from the skills that many of the Fijians are likely to bring.

Last edited by WINJA; 16th May 2019 at 23:56.