PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Death of Bob Hawke
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2019, 12:33
Fliegenmong

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Firstly Guptar...not many (?) of us know each others circumstances very well...and I am genuinely sad to hear of the double suicide...that is clearly very personal and very sad news and would stick in any Family's craw for a very very very long time.

That said.."after all they were only "ordinary people"....certainly not "pilots"..... Hate to burst your bubble here...but pilots ARE ordinary people....hundreds and thousands of them / us flying many many many manyaircraft ALL day & night..take a look at "flightradar24"...that's a LOT of people!...and they're not just white westerners either....you hear them on the radio..you see them pass below or pass above you .... second guess what their first language is...

Nowadays the Main stream media is VERY much pro 'right' & the LNP....in '89, perhaps not so much so...when they picked up on the 'demand of Limo transfers' to the airport instead of just plain taxis...you were all condemned by the media!!...Packer on down had you by the b@lls..

These were the days of VERY expensive flights between Oz cities!..I remember doing $50 First Class (remember?) between QLD and Syd return, with a FULL cooked breakfast on a 1hr 30 min flight....staff travel.

Ain't no more first class....full cooked breakfasts and to all means 'staff' travel anymore.....conditions have been far more eroded by the likes of lil Napoleon than anything Silver Bodgie ever did...

As I said previously I know more than a few who made FAR more than they EVER could have staying in OZ...they condemn '89....but they think it a blessing in disguise!