PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2019, 03:01
AirKiwi777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ariex
I am a student pilot and have gone through quite a few interviews for flight schools recently. In my limited experience I would also recommend Nelson Aviation College. From what I have gathered through interviews they are have a great balance in schedule, professionalism and friendliness. Much like what Thewnz said I also recommend completing a PPL through your local aero club if you can afford it as it looks good on the application because it shows you have the commitment to the industry in a way. Also depending on your local aero club it is actually cheaper to get your PPL at an aero club compared to a flight school. If you have any questions PM me or reply and I'll be happy to answer.
Cheers mate! And when you were yourself in college like myself, did you focus on particular subjects that helped you get into a Flight school? Is it necessary to do well in Physics, Maths, and English? Because iev been getting Merits in all my advanced physics and maths but my parents say it isnt good enough.