PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Note: April 5th! Additional Software Problem Found In Boeing 737 Max Control System:
Old 16th May 2019, 00:14
Takwis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Note: April 5th! Additional Software Problem Found In Boeing 737 Max Control System:

This article, and many like it, popped up on April 5th. Within a few days, it was forgotten. What was the problem? Was it fixed? I never saw any sort of resolution...it just disappeared. https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/addi...icials-2018200

But later Thursday, Boeing confirmed to The Washington Post that it had found a second software problem that the Federal Aviation Administration has ordered fixed - separate from the anti-stall system under investigation in the two crashes, and that had led to the aircraft's worldwide grounding.That additional problem pertains to software affecting flaps and other flight stabilization hardware and is therefore classified as critical to flight safety, said two officials who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the ongoing probe.
"Critical to flight safety", but I don't think we have heard any more about it. If someone knows what it was, how and if it was fixed, I'd like to know, too. The MCAS system has been beaten to death, but this seems to have been forgotten.