PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing Resisted Pilots Calls for Steps On MAX
Old 15th May 2019, 16:28
e1229

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, even the update to the Stab Trim Runaway wasn't the best example of communication. The last version just suppressed a word (the "continous" was cut off), the whole document didn't put any emphasis on it. Anyone reading it would have to compare with previous version, see that a word was supressed, would have to think "Humm, seems that it doesn't need to be continous anymore". And when the beast showed off slightly above ground, the last crew was expected to think "This shaking is active, it says I'm stalling, yes, surely this is related to the removal of the 'continous' from that checklist, let's do that!".

All threads were closed regarding "lack of new information, let's wait for substatial news". All threads hit a dead end with pages and pages of discussion on it was just necessary to "fly the aircraft", as if nothing else should be learned on why any crew would be doing something while heading to the ground that isn't trying to fly the aircraft...

If these details from newspapers aren't "news", I don't know what else would be. If all those details aren't enough to be considered on why the plane acted in unexpected ways for 3/3 crews, and just 1 one them could survive (and logged the problem with words clearly stating that they didn't consider to be MCAS problem... perhaps because MACS wa unknown until them)... if these details don't impact, at least, on how a crew should proced to recover from the problem... I don't know what else should be discussed.

Anyway, be it a big problem with many factors or be it just a matter that pilots should have done better, I don't think public is reliefed knowing that "you, travelling worldwide, do you know that certified pilots don't know how to deal with an easy problem that they just need to keep flying the plane?".

Last edited by e1229; 15th May 2019 at 16:31. Reason: spelling