PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger offloaded from Air NZ flight for ignoring safety briefing
Old 15th May 2019, 04:10
AnotherRedWineThanks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a passenger who is generally not in the exit row, I want to be confident that the people in that row have paid attention. Sure, they might not remember what to do in an emergency, but I reckon a person who paid attention is just that little bit safer than one who didn't. So - no attention paid=get moved out of that row. As the old joke has it "I don't have to outrun the bear, I only have to outrun you"

As a side issue, I'd love it if there was some extra fine-print on *why* some things are as they are. It never occurred to me *why* we inflate the life jacket after exiting rather than before, but those drownings made it clear. And how firm IS "pulling down firmly" on the oxygen mask. I'm scared I'll rip it out of its socket/attachment point. and while I'm at it, if those oxygen masks were moulded with an obvious extra nose-shaped bump rather than being round my guess is that everyone would cover both nose and mouth instinctively. But what would I know, that airlines are interested in? Not much I suspect.