PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth-4
Thread: Bournemouth-4
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2019, 15:49
dpsilverba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dpsilverba
Hi!

I've been affected by this...but not to too great an extent. Booked the LM 611 BOH-JER on 11 May (thinking it was an inaugrual
flight - but isn't..) with only one seat already reserved (14A). Received an e-mail yesterday apologising for it being cancelled and offered the alternative LM 609 departing 11.55 instead of 14.00. Didn't initially notice that it was a direct flight with one stop until I read this thread.

Upside is I get double the take off/landing in a Jungle Jet . downside I have had to book a hotel in Bournemouth for the night to make sure I'm there in time (rail engineering works etc).

Looking forward to it...let's see what happens

Den
Hi!

Well my flight(s) on Saturday were fun!. At check-in agent commented "Oh! You're the Jersey passenger".

Fourteen of us BOH - GCI then I got spoiled by the excellent cabin attendant whilst on the ground. She very kindly made me a coffee, took photos of me on my 'private jet' and with the flight/ground crew, rounded off with a personal safety briefing on departure. Excellent flying conditions all the way and even got an apology from the JER ground crew that they hadn't rolled out the red carpet for me

On a side note, liked the tour of the airport hinterland whilst on the Yellow Buses 737 service. Didn't realise that there was parting out operations taking part there - is that why the A340's are there?

Den