PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low-flying complaints up in East Anglia
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2019, 15:26
Tengah Type

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
BEagle #33

I think you are confusing two Tansor sortie in Jun 86, it was a busy time as I flew 5 sorties in 5 days.
I was with the Boss on that Take Off on 13 Jun at 0332Z. i remember it well as I was at home in bed 6 miles away when the Scramble call came at 0302Z. In the days before traffic calming in Brize Norton village it was possible to do 70mph through the village. After Rapid Clearance at the Main Gate and 70mph across the airfield, I joined the Boss in running to the aircraft. The Air Engineer was starting the engines as we boarded. The Ground Crew arrived, as the last engine was starting, to pull the chocks out. We set the speed bugs on the ASIs and switched the Nav Kit on during the Take Off roll. Needless to say No IN alignment. The rest is as you describe except we caught 2 Bears (Door Numbers 30 and 33). As I remember it we handed the F4s to you off the Hebrides on our return. We got 2 more Bears the next day and 3 on the 16th. I flew with you and the Boss on the 17th for 7 hours and No Bears.