PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOT Polish Airlines hiring
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2019, 09:50
gAndrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

To all of you wondering about LOT assessment. I attended in April. Mixed feelings about it. Here we go

Day 1: 9 AM at LOT HQ. They will collect you at reception, there was 6 of us. All mixed from captains to F/O-s to NTR. And we were all together on assessment.
First part: Group exercise. Everybody gets a paper with a different description of city streets and you all need to draw a Map of the city combining your clues. Fun and 20min long. After that, one by one, you get in for Technical Interview and HR interview. Very basic questions, about TAS, ISA temp., Jeppsen charts, little eroute and aerodrome charts and meteo. Nothing too difficult. And HR as basic as can get. One guy did not pass, so there was 5 of us for tomorrow.

Day 2:
First Psychotest. It is not the Vienna testing system, I don't know why the said it will be but it wasn't. I wrote the previous post about that so I won't write it here again.
And now the fun part. Simulator. They will pair you with who they got that day. So basically Captain and NTR cadet with 200 hours together. But that does not matter that much cause captains are almost as clueless as you are about the sim. Sim is ALX FTPN, generic a/c. They will provide you with briefing pack a few days earlier (3 for me) but it will be to little use for you. Anyway, guys were exiting sim session while i waited outside. They exited angry and tired, all of them. Why, because you don't know how to do things in the simulator. Pitch and power settings, anything. It was complete chaos and guys who are already flying said that it was the worst sim session of their life. I did not get the job in the end. I passed all of ATPL exams in the first try, all check flights also and I got over 500 TT. On MCC/JOC course I got excellent feedback from instructors. But I did not get real chance to present myself in this simulator and that's too bad. They replied to me that I can reapply in 3 months.

Anyway guys, I hope my feedback will help you and if anybody had different experience please write it for all of us to know.