PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2019, 20:02
nighthawk117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rob Royston
When I saw that the flight was feeding two airports at this end I feared the worst. On a lot of routes from Europe to Africa that's what happened when the bigger modern jets arrived with passengers on the second drop having over an hour added to their journey times each way. Very few local passengers used the flight to/from the second airport, it was mostly business people and oil workers plus lots of oilfied cargo.
It also meant that the return overnight flights missed the early connections to places like Dublin, Edinburgh etc leading to more lost time.
The Chinese travellers probably get put off as well if the flight does not go directly to their chosen destination.
Why does everyone keep fixating on the fact its a double drop? Just book on the days it operates directly to/from EDI! I'm pretty sure the vast majority of passengers managed to work that one out. Only those desperate to get to EDI on the days it operates PEK-DUB-EDI would book on that flight, and even then they probably got there quicker than connecting at a hub.