PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - YSBK South-East VFR Lane Proposal
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2019, 07:13
alphacentauri

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
It was not an isolated idea, but was part of a series of ideas presented in response to the CASA Sydney basin review. It was presented as a way to alleviate some of the congestion issues surrounding the inbound points 2RN and PSP. How these things typically work is that CASA presents the report to Airservices and asks them to respond. A 'working group' is formed and solutions to perceived problems are formulated. Some of the ideas are good, some are not so. The good ones get some legs and it gets taken further.

In this case a few things happened, that first stalled the forum and then all discussions stopped.
First thing was accelerate, the main proponent within Airservices took up a redundancy. Fair call too, he was a nice bloke. It would take 2 years until a replacement could be found.
Next to happen was the planning for Badgery's Creek took off. No one is allowed to make any changes in Sydney until its impact on Badgerys is determined. Because planning for Badgerys is not finished, no proposals for changes in the Sydney Basin are being considered.

It was actually a good idea, I thought. But will probably never see the light of day now. Been a long time since I was involved, I believe I was at the last meeting some 3 years ago. No further action has been taken.

Alpha